- Select the first cell in the range that you want to fill.
- Type the starting value for the series.
- Type a value in the next cell to establish a pattern.
Tip: For example, if you want the series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…, type 1 and 2 in the first two cells. If you want the series 2, 4, 6, 8…, type 2 and 4.
- Select the cells that contain the starting values.
Note: In Excel 2013 and later, the Quick Analysis button is displayed by default when you select more than one cell containing data. You can ignore the button to complete this procedure.
- Drag the fill handle across the range that you want to fill.
Note: As you drag the fill handle across each cell, Excel displays a preview of the value. If you want a different pattern, drag the fill handle by holding down the right-click button, and then choose a pattern.
To fill in increasing order, drag down or to the right. To fill in decreasing order, drag up or to the left.
Call Us At: 701.866.2098